Thursday, November 10, 2005

Quick Thoughts Before Bed

I've been seriously considering expanding this blog into a full website. I would get my own domain name (probably www.amorphoussentiency.com or maybe www.amorsent.com for short). Web hosting isn't that expensive apparently...like $5-10 per month for a good host. The blog would stay as a feature, but there would be more as well. I would be able to showcase my movies, and art, etc. There would probably be some sort of philosophy corner or something like that. I'd also like to have some sort of message board or communal blog for friends to post on.

Anyway, it's all just vague ideas in my head for now, I haven't had much time to plan it. Any ideas? Let me know! I hope to get started on it over winter break and I'm gonna take a web design class.

On a completely different subject.....
Back during the summer when I first got started on this blog, I had an idea for a post that I still have not gotten around to writing, but have thought about several times since. Writing on this blog has really helped me to organize my thoughts and better understand myself. However, there are still mental blocks that keep me from fully expressing myself. I can't help self censoring myself to some degree. I'm not talking about vulgar language or any thing trivial like that. What I mean is that there are still topics that I shy away from for various reasons. Sometimes it’s as simple as me not wanting to offend someone. Or I may be embarrassed to share certain sides of my personality with everyone who reads this. Other times it’s more complicated, and even in my private writing I may still censor myself. I often feel as though a thought may get censored or suppressed before it reaches my consciousness. It is my amorphous sentiency. This requires greater explanation, but alas, I must get some sleep. I will discuss this in greater depth another time and hopefully resolve some of my reservations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home