Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Physically, Mentally, and Emotionally Drained .... But My Spirit Lives On!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! So fucking exhausted! School is kicking my ass right now. Having four art studios in one semester is tough. It takes so much energy to be creative all the time, and it is really beginning to wear me down.

Right now I am in the beginning stages of projects for 3 of my classes. Maybe I push myself to hard, but settling on a concept for a project is the hardest part for me. After that it's just a matter of doing the work....that's usually the easy part. Right now my mind is too divided and too stressed out to form a good concept. I need to let go and let inspiration come to me.

Be still with yourself
Until the object of your attention
Affirms your presence - Minor White

But that's hard to do when I have deadlines and a meeting tomarrow to discuss my idea. I know that I almost always end up doing good work, even when I end up throwing it together at the last minute. In fact, some of my best work has been the result of mad dashes for the finish when I no longer care.... Then my true genius shows through the web of overthinking and over questioning. JUST LET GO!

so let go, jump in
oh well, whatcha waiting for
it's alright
'cause there's beauty in the breakdown
so let go, just get in
oh, it's so amazing here
it's alright
'cause there's beauty in the breakdown


I want so badly to spend some more time on here posting (in a somewhat more coherent and less frantic manner I hope) and I plan to soon. I have so much to write about, I just haven't had much time to do it lately....and I have been working on other more private and more important writings that I am not ready to share with the world just yet.

I also have some new work to put up here when I get the chance. Actually, I have some photos on display in the Drama building for the next few weeks. Also I will probably have some work in the Student Union gallery in a week or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home