Monday, December 26, 2005

Prepare to be WOMPed

A few years back I started a message board for "discussion and updates on WOMP Films productions". This was not long after "The Network" revolutionized the senior movie project and months before "Joe Guidance" once again pushed the envelope. The message board was short lived and has spent the last few years hidden away on my hard drive. Now I share it with all as a look back on the time when we were so excited about filmmaking.

Prepare to be WOMPed!

2 Comments:

On January 08, 2006 1:36 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

Why past tense...? "when we WERE so interested in film making". have you completely lost all interest in becoming a filmmaker? sometimes i wonder who our goals are truly made for. is your goal of being a filmmaker completely out of the picture? was it a goal for you or for a younger you?

 
On January 08, 2006 3:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I certainly haven't completely lost interest in filmmaking. It still interests me very much and I do still think that I want to do something in that field. In fact, this semester I may be working on a fairly serious project with a writer I met recently. He has a story that I read in the Long River Review and really liked.

Anyway, it’s just that there are times when I am filled with self doubt, and there are times when my enthusiasm is lacking. But you’re right….I do need to stop thinking like that cuz it only makes me less prepared to see the inspiration that life hands me. It’s that whole….stop looking and then you will find thing. I’m not sure I’m making sense and I’m quite sure I haven’t answered your question but I think it’s the best I can do for the moment. I’m just trying to keep writing whenever I feel inspired. You always told me that writing helps work out your thoughts and I never doubted that for a second. It just took me so so long to get past a very big mental block and figure out what works for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home