Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm 23

Today (well, yesterday technically) was my birthday! 23 years old. It kinda snuck up on me. Several times today people came up to me and said happy birthday and it took a moment before it registered "oh yea it is my birthday isn't it". My mind has been to focused on other things lately....like getting through the last week before the end of the semester.

I didn't really do anything special today unless 9 hours of class followed by 3 hours of work is your idea of a celebration. In fact, I'm really feeling rather lonely. I really miss her a lot and I wish things hadn't turned out this way. I feel a tugging at my heart deep in my chest. It actually feels like there is a physical void where something is missing, and when I dwell on that feeling for too long it expands to the rest of my body and scatters my thoughts.... Such a contrast to the joy and excitement I was feeling one year ago.

Anyway, she called today to wish me a happy birthday and we talked for a bit. I had stayed away for quite a while because seeing her had left me with such an empty feeling, but I think staying away just made it worse. I really hope we can find a way to be friends again because she is still a very special person to me. But it’s not easy to make that transition. At any rate I’m glad we are talking again, there are still a lot of things that need to be said.

On the bright side, I did at least get to celebrate my birthday the day before with my family. We had spaghetti and meatballs (and cinnamon birthday cake which was delicious… and lasted about 2 sec when I brought it back to my apt). I’m really excited about my Birthday/Christmas present: In April I will be taking a Glassblowing class at Snow Farm in Western MA. I’ve always wanted to learn glassblowing, plus it will be an opportunity to meet some new artsy people! I think it will likely be an experience I’ll remember for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home