Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Subliminal Emanations

My last post talked about closed-mindedness. I have most certainly been guilty of being close-minded at times. Historically it has been very difficult for me to accept people’s more intuitive understandings into my own logical understanding. I do try hard to keep an open mind though.

Lately I’ve been thinking about some ideas that a friend of mine had expressed a while back. I will probably bastardize this, but I’ll do my best:



Every person has an energy uniquely their own that emanates from it almost like radio waves. Like radio waves, it can be tuned in under the right circumstances (ie by someone whose energy is in tune).

I think that’s the basic idea, but there was more to it.

Anyway, I was reminded of this idea in my recent thoughts about the inner workings of the mind. It is my belief that emotions relate to the type and amount of activity in the brain. Brain activity most certainly does emit some form of weak electromagnetic radiation. This is indisputable and has been put to use in the study brain activity. Whether another person can tune into this and sense anything meaningful out of it, I am not sure, but I would place it inside the realm of possibility. I would definitely expect there to be complex patterns in that radiation that relates to the patterns of activity in the brain. In the early days of personal computers, one man wrote a simple program that when run on a computer near an AM radio caused the radio to play a simple tune. Perhaps a similar effect may be possible in the mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home