Friday, June 23, 2006

Pandora's Box

There's a shoe box not 6 feet from where I sit. It was a few days ago that I dug it from the depths of my closet on an impulse. But I did not open it, instead I placed it where it now sits atop the cabinet at the end of my desk. I still have not opened it because the joyful memories it contains are, I fear, tainted by painful feelings of loss and disillusionment. However, this box has been calling to me lately. It has been burried in my closet just as the thoughts, memories, and feelings that it contains have been burried in the back of my mind and avoided for the past few months. I'm beginning to think that it's becomming a weight holding me back though. I think I need to dig through it and share some of it instead of keeping it all locked away.

Anyway, I'm tired...going to bed. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home