Saturday, April 08, 2006

Cofee's Death

Fempto sat hunched in the corner.
Odd, I thought, and lifted the lid to their cage.
Where is Cofee?
I dug around in the dirty bedding, looking.
Shiva could not contain her excitement at this.
I pushed her away.
Where...?
Finally I found it, Cofee's tiny lifeless body, and the stench of death.
Already it seemed shriveled, even the massive tumor that had immobilized her rear leg.
I carried the tiny body out into the rainy night and tossed it under the porch.

7 Comments:

On April 08, 2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, Dylan. No burial?

 
On April 08, 2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who are these little creatures? some pet hamsters? mices?
mices with tumours???

 
On April 08, 2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, they are pet mice. It's not unexpected, the tumor had been growing for a few months.

 
On April 08, 2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

PS...

I could be just anthropomorphizing, but I think Fempto has been reminded of her mortality. She seems a bit unnerved and keeps running in the wheel.

 
On April 10, 2006 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pooor mousey.
PS: i fixed my wireless. Clearly, i am AWESOME.
so that means i get to talk to you later. ive missed you!

 
On April 14, 2006 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was that tumor there when i left? at some point man, get your ass and your camera over the krakow and prague (the latter from which i wirte you now). they are beautiful. i think they rival paris, but smell better.

 
On April 14, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The tumor may have been in it's early stages when you left, but I didn't notice it until about a month or two ago.

Anyway, I hope you're taking photos at least!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home