Thursday, February 02, 2006

Weird Dream

I had a really weird dream this morning. I can only remember a few bits and pieces but I figured I would share.

My family and I were are some strange amusement park in the woods. I think we may have hiked to get there. The rides were all kind of incorporated into the natural surroundings. It was really muddy and it kept getting muddier as the day went on. It was getting all over my shoes and pants. And we had to trudge through it to get from ride to ride.

My parents waited on land while me and my brother went on some rollercoaster type ride that was out over a body of water. It was kind of rickety and unsafe... but I think we had fun? I can't remember much about it except that it was made of trees.

Later, my family and I went out on a dock and were waiting for some power boat ride or something. I looked down in the water. The water was very murky and muddy. After a moment I noticed that there was something floating in the water. I knelt down to take a closer look. It was a Chipmunk floating on it's side and barely moving. Then I knoticed that there were several baby chipmunks also floating on their sides. Their eyes were shut and they were motionless.

It was our turn for the ride and my family was calling me to get on. But I was transfixed. I couldn't take my eyes off of this family of chipmunks floating on their sides in the murky water. I peered closer and slowly reached my hand out to touch one of the baby chipmunks. When I touched it, the tiny body bobbed slightly in the water and gently kicked it's rear legs a few times causing it to move in circles.



Anyway, I think I may have woken up around that part. It was really wired and a little creepy. I know there was more to the beginning but I just can't remember.

3 Comments:

On February 02, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger whataboutoursons.blogspot.com said...

Are you pregnant? Just asking.

 
On February 03, 2006 1:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm....I certainly hope not cuz that could be rather painful trying to squeeze a baby out of my penis!

 
On February 05, 2006 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Maybe it's just genetic?
I had a similarly weird dream when I was just about your age. I may have mentioned it.
The "park" was in a church. The name of the church was "The Hunt." Once through the doors of the church, you had all these tasks to complete.
1. Go head first down a pole (like the kind in a firehouse). When you did this, you kind of bounced off the light blue rug at the bottom, on your head. There wasn't much gravity.
2. (and I've forgotten the rest of them now) You were in a room full of dolls and you had to crawl around the room and touch the feet of each doll. If you stopped, or rested, there was a giant axe that would swing down and cut you in half.

Hmmmm. I've never completely forgotten this dream it was soooo strange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home