Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Senior Project 10-9



This week I tried to be spontaneous, exploratory, and playful. I went for a walk and discovered some cracks in a tennis court. These fascinated me and many of my images this week go off on that tangent. I liked the idea that the ground is in a way flowing, moving and fracturing. I also continued playing with lenses.

One thing we discussed in our meeting was the idea of limiting myself to a small, seemingly uninteresting location, and searching for things that are interesting and overlooked. I met a kid the other night who said, "Reality is boring, that's why I take drugs", and it stuck with me because I thought, "How can anyone find reality to be boring". I think they haven't really looked around them. Perhaps by limiting myself to a confined space, I can prove that there is always something of interest. I think these thoughts were in the back of my mind when I did the time lapse of my kitchen trying to show the complex movement and interactions at play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home